Dr. Yuanyuan Ma
Yuanyuan Ma joined TILDA in June 2014 as a Research Fellow in Economics. Prior to this, she worked as Teaching Fellow in the School of Economics, University College Dublin. She holds a PhD in Economics from University College Dublin, a Msc in Economics from Wuhan University, a BSc in Economics and a BA in International Relations from Wuhan University.
Her current research focuses on the social returns to education, financial incentives and healthcare utilisation, the value of education to health, intergenerational transfers, and etc.
She is a Research Affiliate in the IZA (The Institute for the Study of Labor), and an affiliated Research Fellow in the Center for Social Security Studies, Wuhan University.
Peer reviewed publications
Fan, W., Ma, Y. & Wang, L. (2015) Do We Need More Public Investment in Higher Education? Estimating the External Returns to Higher Education in China. Asian Economic Papers. 14 (3): 88-104. DOI:10.1162/ASEP_a_00380.
Wan, X. Ma, Y. & Zhang, K. (2015) Political Determinants of Intergovernmental Transfers in a Regionally Decentralized Authoritarian Regime: Evidence from China. Applied Economics. 47 (27): 2803-2820. DOI:10.1080/00036846.2015.1008768.
Guo, X. & Ma, Y. (2013) Development Economics and China’s Economic Development Patterns. Jianghai Academic Journal. (1): 72-79. (in Chinese)
Guo, X. & Ma, Y. (2010) Can Country Size Influence Economic Growth?. Social Science Abroad. (4): 115-123. (in Chinese)
Guo, X. & Ma, Y. (2010) Why Does China’s Economy Grow So Fast? Analysis from the Perspective of Late-Development Advantage. East Asian Economic Review. (4):49-76.
Ma, Y. (2015) Comment on ’Towards State Capitalism in China?’. Asian Economic Papers. 14(2): 176- 178.
Ma, Y. The Agricultural Industrialization Development Strategy for Changyang. In: Xibao Guo; (eds). The Economic Development Strategy for Changyang. Wuhan: Wuhan University Press. 2008.
Selected Recent Presentations
- School of Management, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 2015
- iHEA 11th World Congress in Health Economics, Bocconi University, Milan
- The Household Longitudinal Study Scientific Conference, University of Essex, Colchestor
- SLLS Society for Longitudinal and Life Course Studies International Conference, Dublin
- Irish Economic Association Annual Conference, Dublin
- Geary Seminar, Geary Institute for Public Policy, University College Dublin, Dublin
- Wenlan School of Business, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, Wuhan 2014
- AEP Asian Economic Panel, Helsinki
- 2nd Annual International Conference On Sustainable Development Practice Columbia University, New York 2013
- AEP Asian Economic Panel, Dublin
- IZA European Summer School in Labor Economics, Munich
- Irish Economic Association Annual Conference, Maynooth