We aim to determine:
- the health status and health needs of older people
- the social and economic status and needs of older people
- the health, economic and social needs of families and carers of older people
- the biological and environmental components of "successful ageing"
- the contributions that older people are making to society and the economy
- how each of these key components (health, wealth, happiness) interact such that we can ensure that Ireland meets the needs and choices of its citizens in a personalised and positive environment and with due dignity and respect